Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Meditative Post


CAUTION LONG AND SLIGHTLY SELF-INVOLVED, PONDERING POST AHEAD

When I first started my blog, I had very little idea of what I actually wanted it to be. Primarily, I knew I wanted a place from which I would conduct a dialogue with the other blog writers who I began to follow last summer.

I also was ready for my own outlet; I've never been a committed journaler or diarist, but while doing some soul-searching last summer/fall, I kept a beautiful Cath Kidston notebook turned planner turned thougt collector until it was full of notes, quotes, musings and information from my life that I had deemed important enough to write down at some point. Essentially, it was an inspiration notebook; I guess it loosely fits into the "journal" category. Maybe more of the "disorganized scrapbook" one.

I think this notebook was the genesis of this blog. Except that the notebook was private. This endeavor, inherently, is not. However, my blog is anonymous to my readers and a complete secret to my friends and damily, and true to my borderline-perfectionist nature, I believe it will reamin this way until I have it just the way I want it. Now, I realize a blog is an ever-evolving thing, and I don't know if the kind of stasis I desire can be found with this sort of an outlet.

Either way, this blog will continue to evolve and change as I want it to-- because it's my digital version of that gorgeous notebook. So I ask you to bear with me; hang in there as the image and content of this blog change to become what they are meant to be.

I hope to be more candid, straight-forward, and focused (in my own way) with this project in the upcoming months *when I have the time!*

PS The name of my domain and the bloggy-provider I user are subject to change as well. I am not satisfied with either at the moment, but I'm brainstorming.

No comments:

Post a Comment